A brief description of Insure The Box
Insure the Box Limited is an online provider of car insurance authorised to operate by both the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission (GFSC) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Representatives can be contacted via email at email@example.com, through a live chat widget or by calling 0333 103 0030 24 hours a day and seven days a week. One of the most interesting features in regards to this provider is that it will offer specific policies based upon driving habits as well as how many miles the owner expects to travel within a given year.
The Quotation Process
The company provides new users with three easy steps in order to obtain a new or revised quotation. These are as follows:
- Speaking to an online or telephone representative and providing the expected mileage to be travelled within a year
- Fitting a "black box" to the vehicle in question in order to record driving habits
- Analysing the data from this black box in order to earn valuable rebates from maintaining a safe driving record.
Immediate Online Access
Policyholders should always be able to access their account through the use of a personalised portal. This architecture supports both personal computers and smartphones. A handful of the options which are found within this section include:
- Viewing all current policy information
- Printing any necessary documents
- Renewing a policy or changing plans
- Checking how many miles remain until reward points are provided
- Counting or "topping up" bonus miles.
There are additional features which are included within these insurance plans. Legal fees of up to £100,000 pounds are covered in the event of a serious accident. The presence of a black box will help in the recovery of the vehicle in the event that it is stolen. An "Accident Alert" provision ensures that the driver remains safe immediately after an incident until medical or automotive help arrives.
Insure the Box is currently incorporated in Gibraltar although there they have a UK address at Q11 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne NE12 8BU. They are subjected to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority. This may offer you less protection that that which would be available if you dealt with a fully authorised and regulated company, based in the UK.
All this information has been taken from the above company's own website (so we cannot vouch for it's accuracy) and the logo is their copyright. If you believe that any of this information is incorrect, or out of date, please contact us
and we will look into as soon as possible.