Are you a courier, needing van insurance?
Then you can choose between getting van courier insurance quotes displayed online, online, instantly; or, for a more personalised quote, have access to a whole panel of specialist brokers. Then again; for a greater choice why not do both?
Companies you get quotes from may include these top brokers:
Getting online quotes
A number of van insurers are now offering quotations online with optional hire and reward insurance (which is probably essential if you are using your van to deliver goods). Premiums depend of course the usual factors, such as your postcode, type of van, age, driving experience etc but a major factor is the type of product you are going to be delivering, and also the type of deliveries you will be making.
There is a lot of difference between delivery drivers who take their goods every day to the same depot, or a small number of depots, and someone like a parcel delivery courier who delivers to numerous different addresses that he or she has never been to before. This means that the insurers tend to be picky about which types of trades they will cover; in other words some of them may be quite happy about insuring a builder who is only likely to deliver items to one customer at a time, but perhaps not so keen on a freelance parcel delivery person who would have a heavy schedule to keep up with and who may therefore be tempted to go that little bit faster or cut a few corners on the road in order to fulfil a delivery quota.
For this reason the number of quotations you are likely to get can vary enormously according to the type of work that you will be doing. This is where brokers can come in useful.
Getting quotes from brokers
Let's start with the disadvantage of dealing with brokers; you may be very busy but you will still have to take a little time to actually talk to them, either via telephone, text or email. The advantages are, however:
- If you deal with multiple brokers you have multiple chances of getting the best deal
- Brokers usually have contacts with many different insurers and can therefore find quotations that you will not get on a price comparison site
- They can advise you on the best type of policy to buy for your own particular unique business
- They can help you in the event of a claim
- If you need other insurance, such as goods in transit cover, public liability insurance or personal accident cover, they can usually arrange this and may be able to save you money by packaging all the difference covers into a single policy.
Whichever way you choose to get quotations, either online or via brokers; and you may wish to try both; click on the button below now.
How it works
You can apply here for immediate online quotes; or alternatively:
- You fill in a simple form, giving some details of what you are looking for.
- Depending upon your requirements, selected brokers from the panel will be asked to collect quotes for you.
- You will receive broker quotations to compare.
Click here for quotations
All the insurers on the panel are, of course, fully authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.