Are you a courier, who needs van insurance?
If you are looking for the best broker to find you the right policy at the right price, why just contact one company, when there is a whole panel of specialist available, to compete for your business?
Companies you get quotes from may include these top brokers:
A number of van insurers are now offering Instant Online Quotes for van insurance (sorry, not car or two wheeler) with Hire and Reward (Courier) Insurance!
Up to 60 insurers can be invited to quote; how many will provide them depends on many factors but why not see what they can offer now?
The Hidden Benefit of Having an Insurance Broker for Your Courier Business
Insurance brokers are experts in the industry who can help you find an insurance policy that is tailored to the needs of your courier business. Traditionally, they would simply be the middleman who would set up the policy, and then send you the details to consider. However, some people are going without brokers because they think their costs are high, when in fact brokers usually receive a commission from the insurers for each policy they sell - just the same as price comparison sites do!
Insurance brokers are there to help you navigate the complicated world of insurance so that you can get the cover you need, at a price you can afford. They are familiar with all the different types of policies and options that are available to you, making the whole process a lot easier.
Whilst it is sometimes (but not always) possible to go directly to an insurer, it isn't necessarily cheaper, and many people find it easier to work with a broker. After all, it is their job to know the industry inside out and have a wide network of contacts at different insurers.
What insurance does a courier need?
There are different types of policies depending on the type of business you have, the service you provide, and the number of people you employ. The most common types of insurance for a courier business are:
- Hire and Reward Insurance - this is a legal necessity if you deliver goods belonging to other people, and are paid for it. There are many different types of Hire and Reward policies, depending a lot upon the type of goods you carry, and where you deliver them to.
- Public Liability Insurance - this is not legally compulsory for most businesses, but many see it as an essential, and employers or trade organisations may insist you carry it. It protects you against claims of negligence or personal injury that might arise from your business operations.
- Employer’s Liability Insurance - this is mandatory for most businesses that employ people, since it covers employees who are injured or made ill as a result of their employment
- Goods In Transit Insurance - this can protect the goods you are carrying from loss, damage or theft. GIT insurance is often bundled with a Hire and Reward policy.
Brokers are there to find you the best deal
If you decide to go with a broker, they will want to get to know you and your business. They will want to know what type of policies you are looking for and what your budget is. By knowing this information, the broker can help you get the best deal possible.
Brokers are there to help you find the right policy and get the best deal. This is especially true when it comes to choosing the right insurance provider. With so many insurers out there, it can be hard to know which one to go with. By working with a fully authorised and regulated broker, you can be confident that you are getting the best possible policy for your business.
The hidden benefits of having an insurance broker
As a business owner, large or small, you are almost always under a lot of pressure to get things done quickly and efficiently. In fact, one of the biggest issues for a courier is the regular juggling of priorities.
For example, you might be trying to find the best deal for your insurance policy, but have other priorities that need to be looked at right away. It can be really helpful to have a broker represent you in this scenario.
Brokers are there to take the pressure off you. They can handle the insurance companies on your behalf and act as an intermediary. It is also important to note that when you have a broker, the insurance companies know that you have a representative. This means that they are incentivised to work with your broker and make sure they get you the best deal possible. You may feel that you need to do everything yourself. However, having an insurance broker can greatly help you out and make your life easier, as well as ensuring you are correctly covered.
Additionally, having a broker can help you save money in the long run. This is because some insurers will reward you for having multiple policies with them, so you can often get discounts for having more than one policy with the same insurer. Having a broker can help to make sure that you get the best possible deal from your insurer.
The Bottom Line
Having an insurance broker for your courier business can be an essential part of growing your company. It ensures that you are always protected against potential risks and are able to continue growing your business.
A good broker can save you money on your premiums and find you the best policy for your needs.
How it works
- You fill in a simple form, giving some details of what you are looking for.
- Depending upon your requirements, selected brokers from the panel will be asked to collect quotes for you.
- You will receive broker quotations to compare.